When dealing with the Jail…
- Do NOT talk about your case with guards, visitors, or other inmates.
- Do NOT show your police reports to anyone in jail including the jail staff.
- All non-lawyer phone calls from the jail are recorded and could be used against you in court.
- All non-lawyer visits are recorded by the jail and could be used against you in court.
- The jail staff should be able to tell you when your next court appearance is scheduled.
- If you do not know who your attorney is the jail staff should be able to tell you who it is.
- Stay out of trouble. You can be charged with new crimes while you are in jail.
- For information about visiting, mail, and money in jail, see our page.