When dealing with your Probation Officer…
- Stay in touch with your Probation Officer! No one has ever gone to jail for seeing or talking to their P.O. too much. When your P.O. is not there to take your call always leave a message.
- Do what your P.O. tells you to do, or tell him why you can’t.
- Know and understand what you are required to do on Probation, then do it.
- If you are required to do treatment, be sure to attend all of your sessions. If you know you will not be able to make a session, call before hand and tell them. If you miss a session because of work, illness or family emergency, bring a note from your employer, doctor or other responsible person explaining why you had to miss.
- If you do not have the money to pay for a session, go anyway. If they won’t let you attend or work out a payment schedule ask them to give you a note to that effect.